The campus project started in 2008 as an effort to bring our people working in the Omaha metropolitan area together for the first time and create greater efficiencies, encourage collaboration, and provide more amenities that foster work-life balance, wellness and learning and development.
Our objectives were simple: develop an office environment that meets the needs of our business, allows us to recruit and retain top talent, and makes use of new technologies to reduce our carbon footprint and operational costs. The result is our new 12-story, 530,000 square foot office tower - operating at 50% of the cost of a building of a similar age and size.
See photos here.
The TD Ameritrade Headquarters building earned LEED Platinum Certification in 2014, and it is the ninth largest new construction Platinum building in the U.S.
Sustainable elements include:
- 5,000 lighting control sensors to harvest daylight
- 4 active wind turbines to power parking structure lighting
- 50% more green space than required by local zoning ordinances
- 40% more water usage reduction than code-required levels
- 50% of building materials are recycled – double LEED’s highest standards
- 5 electric car charging stations, and preferred parking for low-emission vehicles
- Bike lockers and changing rooms for pedaling commuters
- A “green” pavilion roof available for associate use and meetings
- An exterior glass curtain wall tested to withstand hurricane-force winds and rain
- Glass “frit” laminated between exterior glass panels to filter the sun’s energy and reduce heat inside the building – without losing any natural light
- Rain water harvesting to flush toilets and irrigate the site
- Solar thermal arrays to heat domestic hot water
- Standards that require all cleaning products and procedures to reduce or eliminate the impact on the environment
Creating a corporate campus also allows us to offer more amenities for our associates and results in a more collaborative, efficient work environment.
- Full-service cafeteria and salad bar, featuring organic produce, with food prepared on site
- State-of-the-art fitness center, featuring locker rooms, cardio and weight equipment, access to personal trainers and daily classes
- The Big Papio Trail, which runs along the West side of the office tower, a 10-mile walking/running/biking trail
- Outdoor basketball and sand volleyball courts
- Game room featuring video gaming systems and ping pong and foosball tables
- Quiet workstations and seating areas
- Wellness rooms on every floor
- Training and development theatres
Our Omaha Office Tower is open to the public for tours
once per quarter. Pre-registration is required, and space is limited. Tours take place in February, May, August and November. Visit our events calendar
for information on the next tour date.