Rated "Best Brokerage Firm for Your IRA" by Kiplinger's
TD Ameritrade was recognized by Kiplinger's as the best brokerage firm for IRAs— "one with a wide range of investment choices and no annual fee or minimum to open an account."
5-stars from SmartMoney
TD Ameritrade was recognized as one of the top three discount brokerage firms in SmartMoney's 2012 review of online brokers. The Company received a 5-star rating (the highest available) for Banking Services, Trading Tools and Research.
#1 in Research Amenities and Customer Service & Education in Barron's 2012 Online Broker Survey
TD Ameritrade was rated the best brokerage for Research Amenities, and Customer Service and Education out of 27 firms reviewed. We also received top honors in the following categories (all are out of 5 stars):
- 4 ½ Stars – Best for long-term investing category
- 4 ½ Stars – Best for options traders category
- 4 Stars – Best for in-person service category
- 4 Stars – Best for novices category
TD Ameritrade Ranked Number One Overall Broker by StockBrokers.com
TD Ameritrade received the highest possible award as Best Overall Broker in StockBrokers.com 2012 broker review, with the thinkorswim and Trade Architect trading platforms receiving individual awards.
In addition to winning the highest award, TD Ameritrade received a number of "Best in Class" category ratings including:
- Best in Class: "Ease of Use", "Platforms & Tools", "Research", "Customer Service", "Investor Community", "Investor Education", "Active Trading," "Options Trading"
- Best Overall "Platforms & Tools"
- Best Web Based Platform: Trade Architect
- Best Overall Platform: thinkorswim
TD Ameritrade ranked #3 of 10 Discount (Online) Brokers in SmartMoney Magazine's Annual Broker Survey in the publication's June 2012 issue. TD Ameritrade was also awarded a five-star rating (the highest available) in the Banking Services category along with four other firms, a five-star rating in the Trading Tools category along with two other firms, and a five-star rating in the Research category along with three other firms. SmartMoney is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc.